Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Saving Series - My Opinions

As I established in my last post in order to have a Savings we need to start Saving.  Living in a consumerist dominated society as we do this makes it difficult to look to the future when the newest pair of Tod's are available @ Holt's or the desire to grow your Club Monaco scarf collection intensifies as more and more colours hit the shelves but the recession we are currently experiencing serves as a reminder that there is no time to save like the present. 

In the coming weeks, I will attempt to communicate what I believe are effective measures to take when saving for the future. Topics will include everything from How to start saving? to simplistically describing what a T-bill is or the difference between an TFSA and an RRSP. 

By no means, am I am an expert in this space and never will I claim to be so but I believe that our society is currently suffering from financial illiteracy. I believe it is important to make society aware of the options that are available to them in laymen's terms. Saving is not only for the wealthy is what we need to understand. 

I hope what I write will be of some use to those readers who's financial understanding is not as clear as they would like it to be.  As I write  these posts in the coming weeks please feel free to leave comments and questions. It is my hope that you will gain a better understanding of what you need to secure a prosperous future.

1 comment:

  1. Write more more more, I need such tips and tricks! And no, I will not stop my CM scarf collection until it peeks over the many colors of the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete