Saturday, January 17, 2009

CFA - Chartered Financial Analyst

As my obsession with financial markets continues to grow, I find it fitting for me to expand my educational basis through my enrollment in the CFA designation. Quoted by many as, "The Most Difficult Exam they have Ever Written!". As I am always up for a challenge, I feel it is necessary for me to attack this program with all my efforts.

For those who are not familiar with the program; it consists of 3 levels of examination each 6 hours in length. 

1. Level 1 - 240 Multiple Choice questions - testing your basic investment knowledge
2. Level 2 - 120 Item Set questions - applying your knowledge to specific case sets
3. Level 3 - Essay questions - focusing on your writing capabilities to depict situational events

Sounds easy enough. 18 hours of exam writing. Except for the fact that the passing rates for each of the levels is 35%, 42%, and 53% respectively. Needless  to say, those numbers are ridiculously low but also quite rewarding when you become one of them. 

As I embark on the 6 volumes totaling 75 chapters and weighing in at 20lbs, I feel confident that this will be both a rewarding and successful journey. However, only June 6th will tell: 139 days to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment